Thursday, April 24, 2014

Review for What it Takes By: Kathryn Ascher

 
What it Takes
 
Release Day May 27, 2014
 

After graduating college, Kelsey Morgan left her small-town Virginia roots to make it in LA. After years slogging in commercials and music videos, her movie career is finally taking off. But she's still miles behind her current costar, and Hollywood playboy, Patrick Lyons. Kelsey does everything she can to avoid Patrick off-set, hoping to not become fodder for the supermarket tabloids that scour the streets for Patrick, trying to get an exclusive look at him and his alleged woman of the week. Kelsey has successfully kept Patrick at a distance, and her reputation intact, until her drunkard brother-in-law Richard threatens to ruin everything by selling her darkest secret to the highest bidder. Now the victim of blackmail, Kelsey has nowhere else to turn but to Patrick's arms. But, can he be trusted? Or will the past destroy them all before she can find out if he's the hero she needs?
 
 
My Review:
 
 
I got this book from Net Galley and I am so glad that I did. This book is very good. I don’t like calling it a book…let me start over this story is very good. Kathryn Ascher you did an amazing job with the story! Cheers to you girl!
Kelsey is way stronger then I will ever be and she puts up with so much crap from people. Her boyfriend is a douchbag and she deserves way better than him. She lets the love for him consume her whole life and she loses herself at the same time. Her mother is very old school. You know the whole; you give your man anything and everything as long as he is happy. Well trust me I have heard that before. Then something happens and it changes her entire life and everyone around her! Then she picks up and goes to L.A. to start her movie career.
Patrick is a hot sexy movie start. He is making a movie and Kelsey is one of his co-stars. Kelsey already knows what kind of man he is and is not willing to let herself fall for him. I don’t blame her…or do I?! Well being the man that his is, he is use to girls and women falling all over him. It leaves him speechless that she doesn’t even want to be around him. But he is not how the magazines portrays him, AT ALL. No one really knows him and people just assume he is what the ink says he is.
This book again is so good! I was an emotional wreck in this book. I was feeling so many different emotions. I wanted to hit something, well let’s be honest I wanted to hit Tim, her mother, and Richard. I had to finish this book I didn’t want to put this book down at all! I was in complete shock because I never seen any of this coming, that I how good this book was written, so thank you for that. I was very sad that the book was done. I really hope that she continues this story, because I would so read it!!


 
 
Kathryn Ascher
 
 

 
Born and raised in Virginia, Kathryn Ascher tried her hand at poetry and fiction in high school, but put it all aside when she went to college. After graduating from Virginia Tech with her degree in communications, she married her college sweetheart and went to work for a local radio station. After her first child was born, she became a stay-at-home mom and began spending her free time crafting and reading.

It wasn’t until after the birth of her third child and a blind book exchange that Kathryn decided to give writing another try. When she picked up her first romance novel, she immediately knew that was the genre for her. She was drawn to the strong lead characters and the quirky secondary characters, the settings, the humor, and most importantly the feelings of falling in love for the first time. She hopes that her readers enjoy these aspects in her writings as well.

Kathryn recently moved from Roanoke, Virginia to Land O' Lakes, Florida with her husband and three children.
 

 
Twitter: KathrynAscher1

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment