Monday, April 7, 2014

Bloggers Week.. Interview with Zoe from The Book Lovers



 Zoe
 

Thank you so very much for doing this interview with me. Now everyone an get a mini chance to get to know about you! I love trading book names with you. :)


1. What author are you dying to meet?

There are so many. But I would love to meet Tessa Bailey, Serenity Woods, Sophie Kinsella, J.A Redmerski. The others I want to meet, I am in July in Edinburgh :)
I agree with you. I love Sophia Kinsella.
 
 


2. What is your favorite movie?


A Walk To Remember
OMG... I adore A Walk to Remember... I am to ashamed to tell you how many times I have watched this movie. So let just say more than 20....
 
 
 
 
3. What is your favorite book and why?
This is hard because so many different books are my favorite, but the one that holds special meaning to me is The Edge of Never - J.A Redmerski
I loved the Edge of Never and I cried a bunch of times while reading this..
 
 
 
4. What made you start a blog?
I was reading and recommending so many books to my friends that after talking to them they told me that I should start a blog and that was that. I love my blog and I love recommending and talking books. I couldn't imagine not starting one now. I've made so many friends and met some amazing people due to it!
I am so glad that your friends told you to do it.... Or I would of never gotten the chance to have you as a friend :)
 
 
 
5. If you could be a superhero, who would you be?
 
Can Doctor Who be a superhero? I want to time travel

Yes Doctors can so be Superheros
 
 
6. What is your proudest moment?
Hmmm its either spending a month in Kenya with a charity; setting up a summer camp, climbing Mt. Kenya and building an Early Development Centre, or my Graduation. They were both proud moments in my life.
Kenya WOW that is amazing
 
 
 
7. What is your favorite color?
Green!!
 
 
 
8. What is your favorite food?
Pizza!
 
 
9. What are your top 3 hobbies?
HAHA....okay:
Reading
Shopping
Drinking
I love all your hobbies!!
 
 
10. When you were a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
Oh god i have no idea! I didn't want to be the typical "Nurse, Dr etc" because I hate blood HAHA.

 
About Zoe
 
If you don’t like to read, you haven’t found the right book.”
 
Heeeey!

I’m Zoe and a graduate journalist and now an Account Manager at a Digital Marketing company, who has had a passion for books since I was a little girl, ever since I was given my first Jacqueline Wilson book and since then I have absolutely loved reading.
My blog has been going for just over a year now and thanks to my love of books, I have made some amazing friends – both book bloggers and authors – and I had to privilege of meeting some of them. Damn the ones in America ;)

I love recommending books to everyone. I feel that if a book has grasped my heartstrings and made me feel every bit of emotion in that book, then I have to pimp it out and get other people to read it. Tell me what kind of book you are looking for, and I will tell you which one you should read. I get told off quite a lot by people as the books I recommend distract them from things they should be doing. That is the best part of being a book blogger – you can sympathize with each other when you cannot put a book down because it has you hooked.
I also love finding new authors to read.

New authors have a tough time getting the recognition they deserve, and as a lover of NA and self-pubbed book, I speak and pimp out a lot of indie authors – many who have become close friends of mine. Many books I have read are self-pubbed and nearly every book on my kindle is too. You could definitely say I am an indie book whore!

From being a journalism graduate, our lecturers always told us how important it was to have a brand so people can begin to recognize you. My brand is The Book Lovers and my Twitter page is also under the same name. My dream is to open up my own publishing house and no matter how long it takes, whether it’s a success or failure, I have at least attempted to fulfill my dream.

As well as posting reviews on my site, I am also a casual volunteer book reviewer on the online magazine FemaleFirst.co.uk so if you head over to their website, you can see some of my reviews on their website. (the link shows four of my reviews….I have posted seven so far)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment