Thursday, April 10, 2014

Blogger Week Interview with Tarah

Tarah
 
I have an old soul, a young heart, and a smart mouth.
Music moves me, painting grounds me, writing baits me, and reading captivates me.
 
 
Thank you so much for doing this interview with me!!! Oh and I want to read your book and I want one of your paintings too :)
 
 
What do you like to do for fun?
 
I'm pretty much up for anything. Most of my hobbies center around reading, writing, art, and music. I'm always up for an adventure though.
I love reading too :)
 
 
 
 
Who is your favorite author and why?
 
Picking just one favorite author to me is an impossible task. For starters, I'm ridiculously indecisive, but the more time I put towards this question, the longer of a list I could give you. I read everything from books of poetry to mystery thrillers. There is just too much amazing talent from past and present to narrow down all my loves in writing.
LOL
 
 
 
When you are upset what is your comfort food?
 
If it's cold outside I would want homemade chicken and dumplings...heavy on the dumplings. Sour Patch Kids poured over hot popcorn is a favorite any time of year. Also, if my better half upsets me, she knows she can bring me home some petit fours and all will be right with my world.
The next time I got to the movies I am going to try this! Seriously I am.
 

 
I have seen your art work….Are you ever going to start selling your pieces? (you don’t have to answer this one, if not just choose another question)
 
I don't actively sell anything, but I do sell my art. When an offer is made, I either give them the original or make another. I only have so many walls in my home and so many friends and family to give pieces to. I'm sure I've reached the point in some of my loved ones lives where they would kill me if I gave them any more artwork. I rarely turn down an offer to give away or sell a painting.
Well you need to have a showing of your work, cause you are pretty damn good!
 
 
 
What is your favorite saying?
 
I'm a little bit of a quotes and sayings junkie. "There are as many ways to live in this world as there are people in this world, and each one deserves a closer look." and “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” are a couple of my favorites. I often say comment that "the view is worth the climb" or to remember the difference in "intentions versus impact." Oh! Vincent van Gogh said, "There is peace even in the storm." I could quote Abraham Lincoln all day as well...
I love Vincent Van Gogh's saying...
 
 
What is your favorite book?
 
See answer to question about authors... Haha. The same thing applies. Just to give you something though...
Night Owl by M. Pierce
Semblance by Logan Patricks
Frenched by Melanie Harlow
Paradise Lost by John Milton
 
Captive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts
A Writer's Diary by Virginia Woolf
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Essays of E.B. White
Blind Obsession by Ella Frank
The Giver by Louis Lowry
The Old Man in the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
Any poetry collections of Whitman, Blake, Eliot, Cummings, Dickinson, Yeats, etc.
Yikes. Forcing myself to stop because I could seriously give you oh so many. See what happens when I start making lists? You're regretting asking me to do this aren't you? Ha!
Well all these are now on my list thank you very much. But you know I love me some Semblance by Logan Patricks :)
 
 
 
If you could change one thing about the world what would it be?
 
Oh gosh. I feel like a pageant contestant with my answer, but... to end world hunger. I believe it's one in eight people that are undernourished? I can't recall the statistics. The numbers of deaths from starvation and malnutrition in some countries is downright outrageous and tragic. Taking a look in our backyard... there are so many people, children even, who don't know where their next meal is coming from. Something as simplistic as food should not be a problem in the world we live in today.
Nope! I totally love your non-pagant contestant answer :)
 
 
 
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live
 
In the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse on a secluded beach... with the hopes I could still get internet somehow. Haha.
I am thinking that I am going to steal your idea :)
 
 
 
 
How many books have you read this year?
 
I have no idea. It varies due to life and obligations, obviously, but I can generally average one book every few days. Sometimes more if my procrastination levels are high or my sleep levels are low.
Secret! I am nerd and I have a spreadsheet of all the books that I have read. Shhh, don't tell anyone :)
 
 
Tell me 1 thing about you that no one knows?
 
I'm an open book for the most part. I think the things no one knows about me are left unknown for good reasons. Here is something random for you... some of the most memorable moments in my life were due to complete strangers. I try to always remember that as I go about my way in this world. You don't have to know someone to make a difference, so try to ensure what you're doing would make a positive impact opposed to a negative one. Even the smallest pebble causes ripples to disperse
Perfect! Perfect! Perfect! is all I can say after that answer!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment