Monday, November 24, 2014

Review: Yesterday's Half Truths (Carolina Days #2) by Carey Heywood





Yesterday's Half Truths (Carolina Days #2)

by

Carey Heywood


She never thought it would go this far.

It started out so innocently, but now has taken on a life of its own. Problem is, Lindsay Palmer doesn't know how to stop. Even worse, she doesn't want to stop. Her daily deceit has become both her greatest pleasure and deepest shame. Thousands of people love her, but would they if they knew the truth.

A simple favor for his baby sister brings Lindsay into Luke Jamieson's life. There's something about this girl that keeps her on his mind hours and days after each time they meet. Now here he is, falling in love with a liar. All he wants is for her to let him in, and maybe together he can lead her out of the cage of her own construction.

Will the truth set her free, or have her lies already destroyed everything?

Amazon Link: 

http://www.amazon.com/Yesterdays-Half-Truths-Carolina-Days-ebook/dp/B00Q22XXX6/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1416875318&sr=8-14&keywords=carey+heywood



My 5 Star review


Lindsay Palmer is a woman who hides herself from the world. She had a very traumatic experience that made her pretty much shut down after that and go into hibernation mode. Yep that’s exactly what she does. She goes into hibernation like a bear in the winter. Though she doesn’t sleep the whole time like a bear, she however doesn't leave her house! She literally doesn’t not leave it! She took up shopping online for everything. And yes, even her groceries! But what she doesn’t see is that she is a beautiful woman who unfortunately has gotten herself stuck in rut and can't look past her image. She works from home and became a blogger, like me. 

Luke Jamieson is a personal trainer who is...well I won’t lie he is hot! But there is more to him than just…uhh…what do people like to call them.....oh yeah that's right a Meat Head. He is super sweet and has a huge heart!

Lindsay realizes she has a reunion coming up and even though she hasn’t left the house her since the incident she feels like since a certain person from her past is reaching out then maybe she should go. Only problem is, well, people think she is this super skinny model look alike, so now she is in desperate need of a trainer. So one of her followers Sasha, comes to her rescue. She has a brother who does just that. So the information was passed along and that is where the fun begins.

I am so happy that Carey Heywood wrote Yesterday’s Half Truths. I happy because well, finally there is a real woman who looks like a real woman instead of the size 0 perfect girl that we can truly relate to within a story. And I absolutely fell in love with this book after reading the first page and I knew then that Lindsay’s story would be something special. I absolutely love Luke because of how he doesn't care how much you weight. To him as long as you are happy and healthy he couldn’t care if there were an extra few pounds on you or not. I love him...I will not lie. I also love that he doesn't like those fake size 2 ass girls that go to the gym with my hair and make-up on.

Now when I say this book is different it is! I got emotionally invested in this story...I mean I had to wait chapters upon chapters for them to freaking touch each other’s hands and I think I was yelling.."OMG it finally happened!” And I felt like I was really witnessing it happen for the first time. That is how great of writer Carey Heywood is!

Yesterday’s Half Truths is not like any book that she has written and she did a damn good job! After reading this book I looked at myself in the mirror and had to smile at myself, because I may not be no damn size 2 but I am freaking beautiful and that’s how I want it to be! Thank you Ms. Carey for giving us not so skinny girls a fighting chance to know that we are beautiful no matter what size we are! I love you girl!




New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author. She was born and raised in Alexandria, Virginia. Her books are full of emotion, humor and steam. She is inspired by everyday fairy tales. Her leading men are guys you might bump into at the grocery store; teachers, mechanics, and website designers. Supporting her all the way are her husband, three sometimes-adorable children, and their nine-pound attack Yorkie.

www.careyheywood.com
info@careyheywood.com

No comments:

Post a Comment