Friday, November 14, 2014

Review: The Long Pour by S. Donahue



The Long Pour
(The Boston Kirkpatricks Series)

By

S. Donahue


Mike Randall didn’t exactly live a model life during his younger years. This caused him to lose the love of his life…Maddy. Ten years later his life has changed full circle, but he can’t seem to get her out of his head. He’s skeptical to contact her because he is unsure of her current situation.
Madison Wakefield has so many regrets in her life, but the one that she will never forget is letting the one , Mike Randall, get away. She has thought about him over time but due to extreme circumstances she never contacted him.
Can two long lost loves reunite? Can one bond that they share bring them together or tear them apart?
Anything can happen in ten years!!


Amazon Link:

http://www.amazon.com/Long-Pour-Boston-Kirkpatricks-ebook/dp/B00OT2RZ1W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416023375&sr=8-1&keywords=the+long+pour


My 5 Star Review

I have to say that out of all S. Donahue’s books this one has to be my favorite. I will be honest and tell you that while reading The Long Pour I may have sent her a number of messages telling her that Mike is mine and that I wish he were real. Oh and I also told her that she spelled Madison wrong, that it is spelled Cecily, LOL. (Sorry baby, I love you)

Mike Randall is that guy that was a bit of a bad boy back in the day. And we all know that bad boys are HOT…or at least I think they are. But he has changed his life around for the better and let me tell you, he is even sexier to me.

Madison Wakefield was in love with Mike at one time, but walked away from him. After 10 years has passed though she is still thinking of him and why she even made that decision in the first place. Wishing life would have stopped then to make sure she made the right decision before moving forwards again. Except life doesn’t stand still, even though we wish it would. And because it doesn’t people move on, get married, and even start to expand their families all while we are wishing things would have gone differently.

So in the nature of me, I will not spoil this book for you and well because S. Donahue did a fabulous job with Mike’s story and you just have to read it for yourself. When I got to the last chapter I was thinking that my life was going to be over. I knew the book was ending and I was afraid to get to that last page because his story would then be over… L

But then S. Donahue did the Epilogue and it was freaking amazing. She wraps it all up so eloquently that it doesn’t leave you to wonder about anything. The ending is absolutely perfect. And I am so glad that I wasn’t left thinking what would happen next!

Thank you S. Donahue for doing such a wonderful job on The Long Pour, I intend to read it over and over again especially so I can get my fix of Mike. I will never be able to get too much of him. (sorry babe) J


No comments:

Post a Comment