Saturday, November 15, 2014

Review: Eluded by Lyra Parish



Eluded

By

Lyra Parish


Lives intersect only to be changed indefinitely.

Lauren
This isn't your typical girl meets boy. There isn't a glass slipper or Prince Charming. I've lived it and now it will be told. Welcome to my personal hell.

Derrick
Women are drawn to me like a moth to the flame, and like the moth not all of them continue on. Some are broken, others are damaged, and a few never make it out. I create my own rules in a world where I have nothing left to lose. Living is a game, and I'm the reigning champion by being stronger and smarter than my prey. This is your warning. If you radiate vulnerability, you could be my next victim. Don't try to hide. I'm not easily eluded.

Abbot
It started with me and now it will end with me. Some people call me an uncontrollable monster. I laugh at the mention of the word. Monsters have no control. I've got plenty. I don't kill without reason. I don't kill the innocent. I hunt the ones that deserve it, the real monsters, the ones without regret or a soul.

ELUDED is intended for a mature audience.


Amazon Link:

http://www.amazon.com/Eluded-Abbots-Story-Lyra-Parish-ebook/dp/B00P2X6GV2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1416022832&sr=8-3&keywords=lyra+parish



My 5 Star review



To be honest with you, I was not expecting what I got, that is for sure! And I am mad because I can only give this book 5 stars, it deserves way more than 5 stars!!!! Eluded is an amazing heart wrenching, emotional, real, raw, dark read, and extremely well written that while reading this book Lyra Parish broke me down and then put me back together. So take a deep breath and get ready…

So first off you have Lauren, who is an American that lives in London with her fiancée Henry, who by the way is a BIG *sshole. Lauren however is freaking beautiful and very sweet; she is just lost in her own mind of wondering whether or not she should be there in London or on the first flight home. But before she even gets the chance to decide she gets taken, kidnapped, and god only knows what is going to happen to her.

Shakespeare said, “All the world’s a stage.” If that’s true, then where is my standing ovation for a job well done? (One of my favorite lines)

 Then you have Abbot, who is an assassin, that’s about the best term to use. He is very determined to get all the filth, drugs, kidnappers, and rapist off the streets of London.  When he was younger his sister was kidnapped and since then he has sold his soul to the people of London, those that he has vowed to himself to kill. Because he is determined to get every piece of *hit off the streets of London. And yes people, to be that man that literally has the world on his shoulders; you have to get your hands dirty. Abbot isn’t prefect and has done some horrible things but he truly deserves beauty instead of darkness.

Abbot was thunder and I was rain, and together we created a beautiful storm of rolling emotions. Our souls mingled, then twisted together. (My other favorite line)


OMG, don’t get me started on Derrick. Derrick is this crazy, dark, sick man who is an absolute monster. He lives by his own rules and takes whatever he wants. He is very handsome so much so that he can use those looks charm you into his life but then in the next breath he turns on you. He truly is the devil and has no soul. While reading Eluded I wanted to know what in the hell happened to him in his life for him to turn into such a horrible monster.

With all that being said I will not spoil anything for you, I promise. This book is very dark and there are a lot of things that happen within in its pages. You have murder, rape, lust, drugs, violence, sex, lies, and betrayal and so much more.

Overall…

I am officially in love with Abbot. I want to eat, drink, and taste him. Lyra Parish did an amazing job writing Eluded. She left me with no unanswered questions in the end but she did leave me wanting and needing Abbot.












No comments:

Post a Comment