Monday, November 17, 2014

Review: Starless Night by Kathryn Andrews




Starless Nights

By

Kathryn Andrews


Beau Hale
She said that she was my best friend and then one day she wasn’t. Every day I live with the visible scars, but it’s the invisible ones that hurt the most. They are a constant reminder of everything I’ve lost as well as all the things that I’ll never have. I should be over this by now, it’s been years, but I can’t escape the memories that haunt me. Everyone around me is moving on with their life, so now I need to do the same. Tennis brought me to Columbia University, and I am quickly proving that I will not let anyone defeat me, past or present. I am in control now. Life has taught me the hard way to remember that. But after all this time, I’m still searching for an answer to the one question that is constantly burning in the back of my mind…why?


Leila Starling
He said that he was my best friend, and then one day he wasn’t. It took one moment to change my entire life. What I thought I knew became a lie and nothing was ever the same. Slowly, I picked up the pieces and focused on what I could control…me. I live in New York City and attend one of the world’s most prestigious fashion and design schools. Day after day, I am getting closer and closer to making my dreams come true. I did this all on my own and no one can ever take it from me. I know my future is bright, even if my heart is destined to stay in the dark. The dull ache that still lingers is my daily reminder to rely on no one but myself. Although, after all this time, I still can’t help but wonder…why?

Amazon Link:

http://www.amazon.com/Starless-Nights-Hale-Brothers-Book-ebook/dp/B00PFA5YQ0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1416022384&sr=8-2&keywords=starless+nights



My 5 Star review



This is the second book in the Hale Brother’s Series. And within this book we learn about Beau and his story. Now, I loved the first book Drops of Rain and Kathryn Andrews did an amazing job with it but then she went and wrote Starless Nights and made me fall even more in love with Beau.

Beau Hale got the worst of his father’s wrath and yet he is still here; not really living his life, but he is living. He is an amazing, smart, and talented young man. And while reading his story my heart broke for him every step of the way. You will understand once you get to see just how emotionally scared that he is.

Leila Starling is this crazy awesome chick, who has been in love with Beau for years now but just can’t seem to find that right time to tell him how she feels.  However, she is determined to be something and has the heart and drive to do just that.

So to start off, I couldn’t wait for Beau and Leila’s story. It was painstakingly hard having to wait to read it but so worth the wait at the same time. And let me tell you, this is for sure the best book in the series. When you are reading Starless Nights you can almost feel the characters emotions. That is how good this book is written. You and I as the reader get taken on this crazy amazing ride of trust, loyalty, lies, romance, love, heartbreak, and everlasting love. AND I can tell you that we will endure a lot of tears but it is so damn worth it. Trust me.

Oh and even once you have finished Starless Nights and move on to read the epilogue, I can tell you with confidence that she nailed the end of it and it will certainly knock you off your seat! I literally wanted to take Matt (the youngest Hale) away and hide him from all the ugliness he had to see and be a part of, but I think he is going to be something and I can’t wait to read his story!

Kathryn Andrews, congratulations on writing your second book! You continue to amaze me with your books and you touch my heart with every page you write. I am certainly looking forward to getting my hands on Matt’s story next.



No comments:

Post a Comment