Sunday, November 16, 2014

Review: My Last Season with You by SVC Rickett



My Last Season with You

By

SVC Rickett


“Dealing with your own terminal illness is easier than telling your best friend that you’re in love with her. Just sayin’.” – Regina Callahan

Reggie Callahan has come to terms with her prognosis of less than a year to live. She’s been dealing with it all summer thanks to blacking out and falling off her horse back home in Wisconsin. Instead of starting her junior year, she’s only back at New York University to tie up loose ends. One of them is breaking the news to her childhood friend, actress and model, Desi St. Clair. For Reggie, telling her that she is sick, and leaving the city is harder than learning you’re going to die.

Until Desi kisses her.

This isn’t a story about gender preference or about living with cancer. Plain and simple, it’s about love and what people are willing to endure to live without regrets and savor every moment.

Portion of all sales will go to Free2Luv, a non-profit charity that supports anti-bullying & the freedom of expression.

**This is a STANDALONE novella. It is not part of a series, and does not contain a cliffhanger. This book is intended for mature audiences. Does NOT contain explicit or graphic sexual scenes. **

Amazon Link:

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Season-You-SVC-Ricketts-ebook/dp/B00OIJNQKA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416022210&sr=8-1&keywords=my+last+season+with+you



My 5 star review



I feel like I am cheating this author by giving My Last Season with You 5 stars, because this book deserves 10! This book is unlike any other book that I have read. My little piece of advice…have a bottle of wine, a box of tissues, and some sort of chocolate near you because you are going to need it!

Reggie Callahan is dealing with her own personal hell at the moment and she doesn’t want to drag anyone down with her. But when dealing with terminal illness it is never good to go down that road on your own. I have to say that I love Reggie. This girl…this woman is very inspiring to me. There were moments within this books pages that I was truly able to connect with her because of my own personal experiences. Then there were those that I wished she never had to endure at all.

Desi St. Clair has been Reggie’s best friend since they were in training pants. Now they are attending NYU and Desi is a model/new up and coming actress. Desi and Reggie’s relationship totally caught me off guard. I knew that Reggie was in love with Desi, but I had no clue that Desi was in love her until Desi kissed her. I know total shock right! I’m not against any of it but it was very unexpected, it was want made this book more enjoyable. Seeing the love they shared for each other, made me want to have that love myself. The type of love that it doesn’t matter who you are or what gender or race or well anything for that matter, it’s about how you love the other unconditionally and love them for the person they are rather than what you want them to be and what you would do to just be with that person even if it were only for a short time. True love has no boundaries.

So with that all being said, My Last Season with You is unbelievably amazing and full of hope and laughter and sorrow as well. The author definitely drew me in to this story and got me attached to all of the characters within its covers. This book will forever be imbedded in my heart and soul. There are some books out there that yeah you love or they are just ok but this one is breath-taking, real, serious, playful, heart-breaking, soul touching and absolutely special. And while reading its pages I found two lines that I now want to have printed out, framed, and hung on my bedroom wall:

“Live your joy, live your life, and live your life as it is.”
“Love is both hard and soft. It is the most believable truth and fiction. It is something we fight for and fight with.”

So now that you know a bit about this wonderful story, you have to go and get this book! It is a short read but it is so worth it. I love picking up a book and reading but when that one book that comes along and touches your soul, now that is a work of art, an exceptional book.

Thank you SVC Ricketts for messaging me and asking me to read your book, I just want to squeeze and hug the mess out of you! You took a chance and gave Reggie and Desi’s story to the world! I am bowing down to you right now! Great work! I can’t wait to read more stories of yours in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment