Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Review for Wrecked by Emily Snow





Wrecked

By

Emily Snow

 

Two years ago, Evie’s sister died, leaving her lost. Existing without really living. Coping the only way she knew how: by wrecking things.

Last year, Evie exposed her dad’s affairs, finished ripping apart her relationship with her longtime boyfriend, and completely ruined her music scholarship.

But today, she’s reinventing herself at her new university. Desperate to break away from all the destruction she’s caused, Evie’s ready to start over. For her sister, who never even had a chance. And for herself.

Then Rhys, her new voice instructor, happens.

He’s gorgeous and insanely talented, but he’s also a part of the dark past Evie is trying to overcome. Rhys’s brother is the reason why her life went up in flames, the reason why Lily, Evie's sister, is dead. But even though Rhys is the last person Evie should ever want, for the first time in two years, wrecking things seems…right.

*WRECKED is a standalone novel and is not a part of a series*

 

My 4.5 star review

 

Evelyn lost her sister and shut everyone out of her life. She had a very hard time with the death of her sister and blames herself.  In a way I can relate to Evelyn, I also lost someone close to me. Shortly after her sister’s death, she started to wreck everything, her relationship with her boyfriend, her scholarship for music, and she even spilled the beans that her father was having an affair. Now she is at a new university and with a new slate. Will she wreck this chance as well or will she be able to turn things around for herself?

In comes, Rhys, this sexy guy who is too sexy for his own good. Ryhs is a teacher’s assistant for a professor at Evelyn’s new university. Every girl wants him but they really don’t bother to see the real him. They just want the sexy body, his killer bartending skills, and musical talent. But the real Rhys is broken and has so much hurt in his heart.

Evelyn and Rhys are two very broken people, whom blame themselves for things that are out of their control. Your heart will break for these two. Will Evelyn and Rhys be able to med the wreckage that is a part of their past and has caused them both so much hurt and brokenness in their lives? Or will they let what couldn’t be controlled wreck the future that they have set out to make for themselves in their new lives?

Now that you know some of the characters in this story, I can tell you that Emily Snow, well, she out did herself in the story. I felt like my best friend was telling me all about her feelings. This book was very well written and definitely got all of my attention from the first page to the last.

There are no cliffhangers in this story! I know shocker, but it’s true. The ending was bittersweet to me too. Only because, even though I was happy with the ending, at the end I wanted more of Evelyn and Rhys story, scratch that, I need more of them. Emily Snow gave Wrecked a complete ending but expertly entwines the reader with the characters where it leaves you wanting more of them. Their story is amazing, sad, lovely, heartbreaking, and perfectly imperfect. I loved this book! It made me realize how much I love my family; and I wanted to get my mother, father, two sisters, and my brother together and just hold them and never let go.

LOVE IT!!! Thank you Emily Snow for a wonderfully written novel and I am looking forward to reading more of your work.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment