Sunday, July 6, 2014

Review for Scarred Love (Sulfur Heights #1) by M.S. Brannon


 
 
Scarred Love (Sulfur Heights Series book #1)

 

By

 

M.S. Brannon

 

"I am certain, without any doubt, she was meant to be in my life. We belong to each other. I spent too much of my time consumed with what everyone else thinks of my feelings for Darcie, but the truth is, it was always supposed to be this way." ~Reggie Evans

Darcie Claiborne spent several years of her young life living with a monster, always fearing what he would do next. Clasping onto her last ounce of hope, Darcie releases a scream. It’s her final attempt to live; to survive the villain of her reality. Sweeping her up in his arms, Darcie’s knight in shining armor rescues her from the hell she’s been living; from the stepfather she's feared for all those years.

Reggie Evans has been forced to grow up before he’s ready when his mother dies of an overdose, leaving him responsible to raise his younger brothers. One fateful night, Reggie jogs by an old, run down house and discovers a young girl clinging to life as she screams for help.

Three years later, Darcie is healing and always protected by the man who saved her, but now she's fighting with something she isn't prepared to face. The growing love for the man who saved her life three years ago, the same man who’s nine years older. All the while, Reggie fights to protect Darcie from the demons of her past and new ones of her present.

**Mature Content Warning** 17+ for language and sexual content**

 

My 5 star review

 

I can already tell that Sulfur Heights is going to be a hard series to swallow. I think my heart is going to break for all these characters in this series. But that is what makes a great book, when you can get emotionally attached to the characters.

Darcie literally has lived in Hell since she was 4 years old. It saddens my heart because I can somewhat relate to what this character has to endure. I mean she had it rough, no, she has it rough times 50!

Reggie is a strong amazing man. He raised his twin brother and took in a child that got sold to his parents for drugs. His whole drive in life is to take care of his own. He happens to be in the right area at the right time and saves Darcie from hell. He literally took her from the pits of hell and nursed her back to life.

Well, how can you really come back to life after living in hell for so long? I can’t tell you without spoiling the book but man can this story mess with your emotions. This book is mind-blowing, scary, sad, emotional, and raw. I will be honest and say that I was an emotional wreck while reading this book. Robert is a piece of shit and I wanted to rack his ass through coal. Yes, that emotional!

All the characters in this book are amazing in their own way and they all love each other and will go to bat for one another. I guess that is why I love this book and know that I will love every book in the series. Reggie, Jeremy, Jake, Drake, Darcie, and Presley are the characters that will tug on your heartstrings for sure. This book is not a fairytale “I am in love” kind of book. Sulfur Heights is damn near close to how real life is and I am sure someone can relate or knows someone that can relate to this story.

I loved it and I can’t wait to read all of them So M.S. Brannon congrats to you on writing your not so average book series.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment