Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review for Blind Love (Sulfur Heights book #3) by M.S. Brannon

 
 
Blind Love
 
by
 
M.S. Parker
 
 

“She is magnetic to me. Every emotion she feels pulls me that much closer to her charm and energy. For reasons unbeknownst to me, I want her to know what she means to me.” ~Jake Evans

For Jake Evans, life was as it should be. No responsibilities. He was the master at embracing his reckless lifestyle whenever it presented itself. Surviving on his ability to expertly hustle, fight and womanize, Jake could do it all; lived it all.

Raised in a rundown city, filled with crime and drugs, he had survived the death of an abusive mother and a life with an absent father while only having his brothers to depend on. His lifestyle became fast and Jake had lived it the only way he knew how, until the day he met Delilah.

Delilah St. James was the epitome of flawless. Brought up in an affluent southern household, Delilah’s life had been planned from the moment she was born. She was raised to be the perfect socialite and daughter, and groomed to be the ideal wife. When a school internship moved her to Sulfur Heights for the summer, Delilah collided with the bitter reality of life outside her comfortable gated community when Jake Evans upset her perfect world.

Over the next two years, Jake and Delilah became best friends, embracing a friendship neither one was prepared to have, although they soon found it to be a relationship that neither one of them were willing to sacrifice.

A tragic turn of events brings Jake and Delilah together once again. Only this time, the feelings are different. Lines within their friendship are blurred. Everything they vowed never to do, becomes the very thing they cannot deny. Will Jake and Delilah’s relationship withstand the changes surrounding them? Or will the emotions sever the two year friendship they’d fought so hard to keep?

 

My 4 Star Review

 

I have to say that after reading this book I like Jake Evan's even more. Yes he can be a punk, but let’s face it most guys can and will be. In this book we get to know more about Jake and who he really is even when he is being a punk.

Jake is a, "I take no shit from anyone", kind of guy. He likes to hustle people in billiards and he loves to race, but he also likes to be Jeremy's wingman. He sleeps with girls and doesn't even bother getting their name because all he needs them for is one thing; their name has nothing to do with it. I do feel bad for him though, he had a shitty childhood and that’s never what any child should experience.

Then there is, Delilah St. James, she is as cute as can be. I pictured the girl from Sweet Home Alabama when getting to know about her in the book. She is beautiful, smart, classy, and rich; however people don't know the real Delilah, the one she hides deep down inside her. If I was her, I would go insane with trying to please everyone and their mother.

Now, Jake loves to get under Delilah's skin and even though it’s mean in a way, it is cute and very funny at times as well. Delilah lets everything get to her but that’s just how she is, some could relate. I laughed my butt off, got super pissed, and even cried during this book. I love the type of relationship that Jake and Delilah have. It is refreshing in my opinion. We all need that special person/best friend, even if they drive us crazy at times. I will say this, I freaking love the ending. And I am scared to read the next book, which is Jeremy's story. Eeeeekkk!!

Yes, I totally just squealed like a little school girl when she sees her crush walk past. LOL! But who wouldn’t after reading this series. This is the third book of Sulfur Series and it just keeps getting better and better. I can't wait to start book four. M.S. Brannon these stories are incredible. Now, all of you, who are reading this, go get the first book and start reading. You won’t regret it! And don’t forget to tell your friends about M.S. Brannon. They will thank you later.  
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment