Saturday, June 28, 2014

Review for The Shadow by A.G. Porter

Science-Fiction Fantasy
 
 
The Shadow
by
A.G. Porter
 
 
 
 
Rayna Stone is an eighteen-year-old girl from a small Alabama town that just wants to save a little money for college. In order to do that she has to find a summer job. The problem with that, the only place that is willing to take her is the upscale golf resort of The Landing. This was not her idea of a summer job, being around snobby, rich folks, but when she meets eyes with the owner’s son, Liam, she starts to see the brighter side of things. That is until she’s seeing things that she can’t quite explain and having dreams that are haunted by a being she calls The Shadow.
The Shadow begins to show her things about a few missing girls, that she wished she had never seen. Another chilling fact, her dreams seem to be coming true. As if that isn’t enough, she learns that this ability of hers gives her an insight into what others around her are feeling. Soon after this, Rayna learns that Liam does feel something for her, but even though she wants to tell him she feels the same, something is warning her to stay away. Not because he is dangerous, but because she is.
 
 
My 4 star review
 
 
This book is truly unlike any other book that I have read. This book took me by surprise because I normally read romance books or biographies. I can say that I am very happy that I got asked to read this book. It was like I was watching a crime show. I was on the edge of my seat and I literally picked all my nail polish off my nails while reading this book. This story has so much suspense in it…. I think I now have another ulcer. I couldn’t stop! I needed to know what happens.

 
I mean Rayna is this very special girl and boy does she have to endure a lot of crap. I mean I would go insane if I have those kinds of nightmares, really I would. I feel really bad for her in this story because of what she has to do and what she has to go through. Liam is a super cute Australian boy and there is more to him and I just can’t figure out what it is…. Logan becomes Rayna best friend and he listens to her tell him all about the nightmares that she has.

There are a lot of characters in this book. I thought long and hard on how I was going to write this review, because there is a whole lot going on. Well I can’t express my feeling the way I want too, because if I do then I will defiantly give the story away. So just know that this book is so worth reading and I am not going to start book 2. I will not get another manicure until I finish book 2…. (Great advice baby)

Oh and one last thing… the Shadow is a monster and I really need to know what happens to his sick, twisted, crazy ass in book 2…..
 
Amazon Link:
 

 
 

 
 
My name is Amanda Porter (A. G. Porter) and I am an Independent Author. My first YA Novel, The Shadow, is now available for purchase. I am super excited about this and can't wait to share this story with everyone. A little about me? Well, of course I love to write. I am also an avid reader. When I'm not writing or reading then I'm taking pictures. I love photography whether it be nature or photography for families.
My favorite genre to read is YA. However, I am one of the biggest Dean Koontz fans ever!
I enjoy writing stories about real people in supernatural situations. I also put a lot of my faith into my books because I know that without Christ I am lost and without God I am nothing.
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment