Sunday, June 1, 2014

Review for Little Things By Madison Street

 
Little Things
 
By
 
Madison Street
 
Everything in Duke Grayson’s life was all he could ever ask for: A loving family, loyal friends, a beautiful girlfriend, and a scholarship to his top choice college. It’s his senior year of high school, and all he needs is to focus on his grades, lacrosse, and keeping his girlfriend happy. That is until Raya walks into his life.

From the moment they meet, Duke is drawn to her, not only for her natural beauty and her stunning crystal blue eyes, but because he’s aware there’s more to this girl than just his alluring pull to her. He senses secrecy and fear.

Throughout the year, their bond grows stronger, and his feelings for her become undeniable. Just when he is about to express his love, tragedy strikes and Raya disappears.

For six years, Duke is tortured by his struggles, as he’s unable to find her and blames himself for failing to protect her. Until the day, she’s found, and he’s given a second chance. Will Duke become her beacon of hope and make her see that it’s the little things that make life worthwhile? Can Raya overcome her fears and fight against the terrors that haunt her? Or will her dark and torturous past be too much for her to battle against?


*Warning: This book contains some disturbing situations, strong language and sexual content. Suited for 18 years and over.**
 
 
This book is really good. To be honest I wasn’t sure how this book was going to be but I wanted to read it anyway. Madison Street you did a fabulous job with this book. This is the first book that I have read from her and it will not be the last. I am looking forward to reading my more books from here! I don’t know how you were emotionally while writing this book, but I am glad you wrote it.
 
My 4.5 Star Review
Duke is what can I say… he is a guy you want to hold on to and never let him go. He is a great friend and lover. He is the guy that every girl wants and every guy wants to be his friend. He is caring, special, romantic, lovable, caring, genuine, and plenty more. I really liked this character, a lot!
Raya is a beautiful, strong, bold, and a brave girl. I admire this character a lot; she is and should be a damn role model for woman everywhere. I have to say that she holds a special place in my heart. Her character is very inspiring. I freaking love her! I just want to hide her away from all the evilness in her life.
The relationship that Duke and Raya have is freaking adorable. I mean they were best-friends. I liked that we get to see their relationship grow. It’s Very cute! Duke sees something in here that no one else can or even bothers to see. I can’t say more than that because I want you to read this and not give any more away.
I love this book. There are parts of this book that were hard to swallow. The first part of this book broke my heart and I told my fiancée that I am not sure if I can finish this book. The way Raya and her mother were being treated, well it pissed me off. Then he looked at me and said “baby that means you really love this book, take a break then pick it back up.” Well I did just that and let me tell you the first half of this book ain’t shit come paired to the second half.
The second half had me balling my eyes out. I mean really crying it is so damn sad. I mean this is book is super intense, heart-breaking, soul-breaking, romantic, dark, and beautiful.  I can honestly say that I didn’t see any of this coming. I mean the plot of this book blew my damn mind.  The ending of this book made me smile and that is all I will say. I was sad when I got to the last page, because I didn’t want the book to end. Please know that there are other characters in this story too and I would love to be able to read all of their stories, but we will see if that is even a possibility. But I will be all for it if it was!!
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment