Monday, October 27, 2014

Review: Chasing the Stars by J.D. Rivera

 
Chasing the Stars
By
J.D. Rivera
 
Mackenzie Blanchard’s life wasn’t easy; never had been, never would be. She thought things were looking up when she started yet another new school her senior year. She made friends and was enjoying life the best she could.

One friendship turned into something more, and just when she felt safe, things were ripped apart.

Hayes Morgan had never cared about anyone but himself. He was living the life he wanted, just having fun. He never dreamed that he would fall for the new girl in school.

What started out as a sweet friendship turned into something he never thought possible, until she vanished...

Their paths collide a year after they last saw each other, but they are both harboring secrets. Will they be able to trust and love each other again, or will the secrets rip them apart forever?
Amazon Link
 
My 5 star Review
Mackenzie Blanchard is this beautiful girl who has been dealt a crappy poker hand in life. All she cares about is getting through her senior year and getting far away from her horrible parents. Then she meets Hayes Morgan.
Hayes Morgan is the hottest guy at school and every girl wants him but that is not how he rolls. All he wants is to get in them panties and get out with no strings attached. He cares about no one but his family. Girlfriends are not even in his vocabulary. But when he walked into his AP English class that all changed.
Chasing the Stars was amazing. I love Mackenzie and Hayes and their story is heart-breaking and beautiful. I love the friendship that the two to them have and even more how it turned into a romance. A romance that was too short for how great it was but how can a romance last when one disappears. When Mackenzie just up and disappears it tears Hayes apart but he is determined to look everywhere for her until he finds her again. But once he finds her everything has changed. Will they be able to rekindle the love they once had? Or will the secrets they now have since Mackenzie’s disappearance rip that dream to shreds? Their lives have changed significantly, but will that bring them together or tear them apart. Pick up Chasing the Stars today and find out. You won’t regret it!
The ending of Chasing the Stars is absolutely perfect! When I finished it was all I could do was be sad. I didn’t want the story to end. I could read about Mackenzie and Hayes all day long if given the chance. Oh and the Saturday night dates, they were absolute adorable and I loved every single one of them. Super freaking cute! I think I may copy off them and do the same with Lee! Sorry Lee…But you are now officially booked for every Saturday night from here on out…Love you!
J.D. Justice you did an awesome job with this book and I am so happy that you asked me to read it. It was so amazing that I couldn’t put it down not even to talk to my fiancée on the phone when he called. I literally said, “I can’t talk I have to finish this book, I will call you later, “and hung up. While reading Chasing the Stars I wanted to do nothing but read it until I finished!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment