Sunday, October 19, 2014

Review: Being Neighborly By Carey Heywood



 
 
Being Neighborly: a novella

By

Carey Heywood

 

Beau Hamilton spends his days working the family farm, leaving him no time to worry about finding a girlfriend. He wants to settle down and start a family, but his prospects aren’t looking up. He knows what he wants; a nice country girl, who doesn’t mind living on a farm, a girl nothing like his new neighbor Bethany.

Bethany screams “city” and it’s only a matter of time before she hightails it out of farmland and back to the land of coffee shops on every street corner. She’s not the type of girl who would be happy, living on a farm for the rest of her life.

Despite all the reasons he shouldn’t be, Beau finds himself drawn to her in ways even he can’t dismiss as only being neighborly.


~Note to the reader~
Beau, the main character of this book, was
introduced in my novel Sawyer Says.

 

My 4.5 star review

Beau is this hot guy that works and lives on a farm. He is a simple man and doesn’t need very much. He keeps to himself and pours his whole heart and soul into the farm. Beau has being staying away from relationships because not many women can deal with the country farm lifestyle. But he didn’t ask me because if he did I would have told Beau as long as there is a Target near your farm then I am your girl!

Bethany is this beautiful city girl who moved from her city life and wanted to somewhat start over. She literally picked up and moved to the country which is easy for her because she is an editor, so she can work anywhere.

So please forgive me but I gave this 4.5 stars only because Being Neighborly was so short and I felt it could have been a bit longer and gone into more detail on Beau and Bethany’s story. Though I did already know what I was getting into before opening its covers. Even though I didn’t give it 5 stars I did love this book. And I love Beau! Don’t get me wrong I liked him in Sawyer Says but now I am in love with him! Who wouldn’t fall for a handsome, sexy, hot farm boy! Anyway, Being Neighborly is super sweet and the ending was absolutely perfect and sweet. And if you know me and how crazy my emotions get when I read, this book made me shed some tears.

Carey Heywood you already know that I am a huge fan of yours and I love all of your books. But I wish that Beau and Bethany had a full novel. However, I am just glad that we got to or should I say I got to get to know him a little bit more. Thank you for giving us a piece of him even though his story may be shorter than we would like. 
 
Amazon Link:
 

 
 
 
 
New York Times and USA Today bestselling romance author. She was born and raised in Alexandria, Virginia. Her books are full of emotion, humor and steam. She is inspired by everyday fairy tales. Her leading men are guys you might bump into at the grocery store; teachers, mechanics, and website designers. Supporting her all the way are her husband, three sometimes-adorable children, and their nine-pound attack Yorkie.

www.careyheywood.com
info@careyheywood.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment