Monday, October 13, 2014

Review: Bigger than the Sky by Harper Bentley

 
Bigger Than the Sky
By
Harper Bentley
 Five years ago, I left my fiancé, hotter than hot Navy SEAL Kade Kelly, at the altar.

No, I’m not an idiot.

Yes, I had my reasons.

Now I’ve made a new life for myself working at a large firm in Richmond and I’ve left the past behind. Or so I thought.

Upon returning to my hometown of Serenity Point, Virginia, to take care of some business, I find that Kade’s now home for good and he’s none too happy about my being here.

Two months. That’s all I’m staying then I’m out of here. Unless I believe the town’s pink-haired psychic’s prediction. Or embrace the sense of belonging I feel at being back home. Or give in to the emotions stirring inside when Kade's attention is suddenly on me.

He scares the crap out of me.

He thrills me.

He used to tell me our love was bigger than the sky.

I always knew ours was a once-in-a-lifetime love. So how can he be so sure it can happen again?
 
My 5 star review
Kade is Navy Seal… a freaking NAVY SEAL people!!! He is hot, sexy, amazing, caring, loving, steamy, and OMG, I want him! He is a man who’s heart was broken by the love of his life and well he did what any other man would do…He moved through women like he was mowing their damn lawn. (At this point I became a little jealous but I will eventually look past that part, eventually...)
Now that you know about the hottie within in this book’s pages here is the woman who broke his heart, Amelia. I have a love/hate relationship with her. Amelia loved Kade with everything she had and the girl stood by his hot Navy Seal ass too. But right when she was about to spend her forever with him she bales as in she literally runs from the altar. Ugh! I know it frustrated me too. Now you can understand why we have a love/hate relationship. How can you run from someone so amazingly hot who loves you just as much as you love him? How?! Well apparently she had her reasons and now Amelia is this strong, beautiful woman that has a lot to give to a man. Not long after she left the love of her life though she lost her grandparents. And of course that meant going back to the one place she wanted to get away from. After her world is shattered with the new of her grandparents, she has no other choice but to return to Serenity Point and deal with their affairs.
But can Amelia go back and risk running into Kade? Or is he even home? Is he married? I know that answer to those questions but I will not share. You will need to read the book yourself to find out! J Sorry
Bigger Than the Sky is so good and so damn HOT! I know, I know I say that a lot but it’s absolutely true.  I enjoyed reading this story even with the twist in there that I would have never guessed would even be in there. I was 50% into the book last night when I had to sit down next to Lee and tell him all about Kade. Poor guy, he always has to hear me talk about my book boyfriends. Good thing he can handle me and all of them...lol. Anyways, I told him, “Baby I love you but if I call you Kade, please don’t worry about it cause I am still here and I love you.” And he said… well let’s just not worry about that part.
Harper Bentley you are truly turning me into a huge book whore and I love it! Now as you all know I am a huge fan of Harper Bentley. She made me fall madly in love with Chase. Then I cheated on him with Jagger for a while, and then came Oz. And she did warn me about Kade but all the while I was thinking yeah he may turn my head but I am loyal to Jag. Boy was I dead wrong! Kade you can come invade my mind anytime.
 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I adore you, sweets! Thank you for the awesome review! <3 xo

    ReplyDelete