Monday, September 22, 2014

Review: Lies Beneath the Surface (Buried Secrets #2) by Silla Webb

 
Lies beneath the Surface
by
Silla Webb



***WARNING***
This book contains very disturbing situations, dubious consent, strong language, sexually explicit content and graphic violence.

PLEASE read Covered in Coal prior to reading Lies Beneath the Surface. Lies Beneath the Surface is NOT a cliffhanger.

Carly Jo Simon carries the weight of the world on her shoulders.

When she unearthed her daddy’s secrets, she had no idea the repercussions she would be faced to live with. Now, his secrets are her own to carry, as she fights to protect her sister Savannah from their daddy’s daunting past and their bastard brother Drew.
Savannah wears a mask of perfection, shielding everyone from the reality of her personal imprisonment. When Savannah’s secrets are exposed, Carly stands by her, hand in hand, offering Savannah the comfort and strength she needs to move on.

Despite carrying the weight of other’s secrets on her back, Carly’s own secrets burden her deeply. Although she battled to keep her heart safely guarded from Colton Weston, he owns every inch of her. But when Carly turned her back on Colton and opened her arms to her best friend Luke, she made a mistake that could shatter all three of their lives.

They all have something to hide. But it’s the secrets that lie beneath the surface that could destroy them all.

**********************************************************************************************************

Lies Beneath the Surface (Buried Secrets #2) is set in the coal fields of Eastern Kentucky. The dialect used throughout this book is true Eastern Kentucky dialect. We drop our g’s, we say ya, instead of you, and a coal MINE, is a Coal MINES…please remember this when you are reading. It is NOT grammatical errors, it’s simply the dialect of the characters shining through, speaking as true Eastern Kentuckians.

 

My 4.5 star review

I just finished Lies Beneath the Surface and I am still sitting here with my mouth hanging wide open. Silla Webb you just took me on a very emotional rollercoaster ride!  There is love, romance, violence, drama, and evilness in this book. (okay not sure if that is even a word but it speaks for itself) I thought I knew what was going on and then I was like… What? When? And how the hell did this happen?!

Colton you are still one hot sexy beast! I wanted to dive right into the book and hold Colton and bring him back to live with me a couple of times but I also felt that in Covered in Coal too. Now Colton is sexy period but what makes him over the top sexy is how he is with his daughter Heidi Jo. He has me swooning over here every time.
 
 

Luke is hot too just not Colton hot. He is Carly Jo’s best friend and Colton is not a fan of any man laughing, smiling, or touching his woman. Luke has been through a lot and my heart breaks for him. He deserves to be happy and loved for the man that he is emotional baggage and all.

Now Carly Jo is a spitfire sassy ass woman. She will tell you how it is and will not apologize for it and I freaking love her!! I also love how she is with Heidi Jo too. She has loved Colton for a long time now and he had marked her as his years ago. But will the secrets they all have, destroy that love or renew it through and through? I can’t tell you that much other than you are in for a great read.

I will not spoil this book for you because I want you to read this book and enjoy every minute of it. With that being said here is what I think. I gave this book a 4.5 because I feel like the beginning of this book was rushed just a little bit. BUT…that is my opinion and my opinion only. There are so many other things going on in Lies Beneath the Surface that will knock your damn socks off! I will say that I really wasn’t a big fan of Savannah in Covered in Coal but damn I was too quick to judge. I now love this character and she now holds a special place in my heart. I am so glad that we got to have more of her.

Silla Webb you are a fabulous author and I can’t wait to get my hands on book three. You have to believe me when I tell you there are so many different things going on in my mind right about now!!

 
Buy Links
 

Covered in Coal

No comments:

Post a Comment