Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Review for Under My Thumb By Abby Reynolds

 
Under My Thumb
by Abby Reynolds
 
 
Prudence sets out with her band to Los Angeles to make it big. Leaving behind London is difficult for her, but not because she fears she’ll be homesick. She’s never coming back. And her brother has no idea.

After she arrives, she performs one of her first shows. But little does she know, an admirer sits in the audience. She hypnotizes him and draws him in, making him immediately smitten. The obsession starts.

Cash is determined to be alone with this girl. After extreme lengths to share a quiet whisper, they agree on a spring fling. After the horrible break up Prudence had with her boyfriend, she doesn’t want to be hurt again. Cash’s reasons are still a mystery.

They spend the summer together, but their romance takes different avenues that Cash didn’t predict. He has a very strict set of rules with his women and he never breaks them…until Prudence.

And Prudence didn’t think she could trust someone as much as she trusts Cash. There isn’t just a strong physical relationship between them. For the first time, she’s not afraid of another lie being fed to her, another sleepless night, or wondering where he’s been. It’s the only stability she’s ever had.

After making her way into his heart, Cash struggles with his feelings. He’s been hurt before but can he risk being hurt again? His obsession for his musician grows stronger every day. The idea of her being with anyone but him is soul-crushing. And he doesn’t understand what’s happening to him. Has he fallen in love? Is that possible?

A gripping romance that will make your heart flutter, Under My Thumb is a classy tale of love coming from unlikely places.
 
 
My 5 Star review
 
I got an email asking me to read this book. All I can say is Abby Reynolds I freaking love you! This is your first book and you nailed it!!! And you created Cash Matthews!!!!
 
Prudence Clearwater I am jealous of you girl. She is smart, beautiful and very talented. Plus, she is in a freaking band too. She is the girl you want to be and she is every mans fantasy woman for sure. I really enjoyed getting to know this character. She is so damn broken and I am not sure if she will ever be fixed.
Cash Matthews I need you and I want you, sexy. Ok… I am sorry I am done. So he is gorgeous, brilliant, and a big time producer. Cash is broken too and it has to do with a B**** from his past. While reading this book I just wanted to hold him and give him my all. (Sorry lee, I need to add him to my list)
Once Cash and Prudence come together their relationship or shall I say arrangement will knock your socks off. Umm Cash can we make some sort of arrangement too?! (Kidding Lee) No really these two characters are so freaking WOW. You will be hocked for sure! I promise you!
This book is so damn good and I couldn’t stop reading it. Yes, I have to admit I read this book in less than 8 hours. Hey a girl has to work too. But on a serious not this book is SO good. This book is very well written. Yeah there are some editing errors but who cares; we are all adults we know what we are reading. I loved it, period. Abby will make you fall in love with all of her characters and yes there is one you will not like, maybe kind of. I was on the edge of my sit wanting to shake Cash and Prudence. Oh and I really wanted to slap Gavin, don’t worry he is in the band once you read this you will feel the same. No worries. Her brother Jeremy is the brother I have always wanted. Hell I am jealous and wish I had that kind of relationship with my own brother. Again…Not about me.
So people this book will have you wanting so much more and yes there is going to be a book two. Yes, I did get to the last page and email her and was like REALLY???? When is book 2 coming out! Oh yes, yes I did. For being her first Contemporary Romance book she freaking nailed it!
 
 

Amazon Link:
 
 
Book 2 is Available!!!
 
Light My Fire
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment