Monday, March 16, 2015

Review for Translucent by Erin Noelle



Translucent
by
Erin Noelle

**WARNING** This book is intended for mature audiences only due to explicit sexual content as well as the graphically violent and psychologically disturbing nature of some scenes.
Sometimes you reach a point where you just can’t take anymore—a breaking point, some call it. The day I watched my husband murder the woman who was pregnant with his child, my point didn’t just break; it exploded like a full magazine’s worth of hollow points firing through the barrel of a fully-automatic AK-47. Literally. I am no longer his American Princess, nor am I his slave. Now, I’m a murderer in hiding. My name was Bryleigh Carter Oliveira, and that was my story.
Translucent is one woman's story of breaking free, starting over, and learning to trust again through willful submission.

My 5 star review
The Prologue got me...As soon as I read it I knew that I was going to love this book and fall in love with the characters in this story. I am a huge music person, whether I am happy, sad, or mad I have to have music. So when i see It Ends Tonight by the All-American Rejects printed under the title Prologue I knew at that ever moment that bad stuff happens in this book. Why? Well because of this very song that I actualy have on my playlist, that I listen to everyday...that is why.
Bryleigh Carter Oliveria is a very young women and she fell into the hands of one sick ass bastard! She was young and naive but in all honesty who isnt at 17 years old?! She met this amazing loving man who showered her with gifts and effection. Then the real monster started to show and then she realized she was in too deep living witht he devil himself. Then her entire life ends holding an AK-47!
"Start over. Forget about everyone you care about and everything that's happened in the past. It's your only chance to stay alive." This is what you get in Chapter One! Crazy intense...I know right! Now Bryleigh is Blake Martin and she is offically starting her life over at the age of Twenty Two.
Madden Decker is the CEO of Decker Enterprises and let me tell you that Erin Noelle describes him so good that my mouth was watering and I was ready to jump on a plane to California and find him my damn self! This man is all business, contracts, paperwork, and well sex with women. He has had his heart broken and he is in no rush to go through that shit again. So he will not allow anyone to get that close to him.
Madden meets Blake Martin in a meeting about his company and what new venture that him and his brother's company is taking. Blake works for JDT Graphics and is ready and willing to take on this project with her partner. Naturally Madden is attracted to Blake but I mean who wouldn't she is gorgeous. Once they start to spend more time together going over the details for the new project, Madden can't stop feeling a curtain way. There is something there and he needs to save and protect her and he won't stop till she lets him.
While reading this book I was a ball of emotions. Everytime Blake has a flashback from any and every trigger my heart broke for her and I wanted to be with there with Madden saving her from herself. This book is intense, crazy, sad, heart-breaking, and emotional. Then when you get to the last chapter and you have this big ass smile on your face Erin Noelle comes in and steals it right off you! With two words written in black THE END!!
Yes... lets just say I was panicing because well I need to know what in the hell just happen...and how did they....and when...and how long where they watching! Yeah, like I said pretty freaking intense!
I can't wait for book 2 to come out.....because I am really needing to read it!


No comments:

Post a Comment