Saturday, December 20, 2014

Review for Chances Aren't by Luke Young


Chances Aren't
By
Luke Young

How many lifetimes does it take to get it right?
Stunned by an impending divorce, Ben Hunter's life, which was barely working to begin with, suddenly takes a turn for the worse. After a series of extraordinary events, he's given a chance to fix all of it and in the process comes face to face with the last person he ever expected to see.
Chances Aren't is a funny, sexy story that will take you back. This book is intended for mature audiences due to strong language and sexual content.

Amazon link:

My 4.5 Star review

Ben Hunter gets the surprise of his life when he walks in the door after a hard day at work. What kind of surprise you may ask? Well, it starts out to seem like a good one when he comes home to his wife cooking his favorite meal, but then she drops the ball on him… She wants a divorce! I am talking, she already has her bags in the car ready to go in 2.5 seconds kind of SURPRISE!!
Now, Ben and Emily have been married for 25 years and have been trying to have a baby for the majority of those years. I know trying to have a child can put a lot of pressure on couples, but to be brutally honest sometimes things happen and we tend to just stop trying. Everyday life gets in the way. So once his wife closes their front door, he goes through the motions wondering what sprang this change within her and then BOOM his entire life literally changes.
But don’t worry we get to see what happened between them because, Ben goes back in time and let me tell you, this is where the story gets really good. This is when he goes back to see if he really did have a chance at happiness with a girl that he had for one night.
Luke Young had me laughing my ass off, spitting my drink out of my mouth, texting my friend different lines, and wishing I could go back and explore my past through every passage. If time travel existed I’d be the first on that machine trying to understand where I went wrong in some areas of my life. So I don’t blame Ben at all! I think everyone wishes they had a second chance at something at least once in their lifetime.
So with all that said I guarantee you that you will love Chances Aren’t and you will not want to put it down. I mean…Older Ben, Younger Ben…both will have you saying “I so could hang out with these two jokers." I have to admit and say that I really want this book to be a movie, yes I said it. I mean, for one I love 80ish movies and Ben goes back to 1989, how cool right?! I know. And two well it’s the perfect story that everyone will want to live out for themselves if they could.  

And as for the ending, it will blow your mind and you will never see it coming. After I was done reading I was like holy mother, I love this book. So grab on to your seat belts…figuratively speaking of course…and take a trip back in time with Ben and see where things will land you in the end. You will for sure have the time of your life!

Add to you TBR List:

No comments:

Post a Comment