Sunday, May 24, 2015

Review for Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover




Ugly Love 

By

Colleen Hoover


When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she doesn't think it's love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past. 
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated. 
Promises get broken. 
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.



My 5 Star Review 

First things first, I have to say that I was scared to read this book. Only because I heard a lot of different things about it and I mean I am a huge Colleen Hoover fan so some things were a bit harder to understand than others. And being a fan of hers means I have read all her books! And I have loved each one. I even got to meet Colleen Hoover twice this year!! And the first time I met her I also got the chance to meet a woman named Megan. It is because of Megan that I got Ugly Love and once I started reading it was over from there. I was hooked!! So thank you Colleen Hoover and Megan!!




Miles Archer is this guy who is so not who I thought he would be. I mean in my mind he is this sexy ass beast who is dark and mysterious but once you read further into the pages of this book there is SO much more to him. He is lost, very broken, unfixable, scared, and I didn’t know if I wanted to slap him or hug him at times. He truly caught me off guard and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. 

Tate Collins is this amazing 23 year old woman, who is as cute as can be and stronger than she knows. Hell she is a lot stronger than I am that is for sure. Tate moves in with her brother so she can go back to school and still work. And not long after her move she meets his next door neighbor Miles… If the attraction they felt instantly for each other isn’t something then the way they are together surely is. I could never get enough of these two. But with every great story there are secrets and pasts and well sometimes not so great outcomes. Then again that doesn’t stop some.

Now Miles does have a past that isn’t sweet and surely not pretty and he definitely keeps it to himself. He is a bona-fide workaholic if there ever was one. He works non-stop and …Shocked? Yeah I was too, trust me! Then one night when he was drunker than a skunk he meets Tate. And a piece of his wall breaks sending him into total shock because this wall is made of steel and it has been up for 6 years. Yeah well walls are made for breaking is all I have to say. It just takes a damn good person to bring them down.

Anyways, over thanksgiving weekend Tate and Miles decide that their attraction is too much to bear and hey a man and woman have needs! So they decide they want to fulfill each other’s needs. I can dig it and I am not one to judge them but I can say that once they decided this arrangement I was really scared and I had tons of butterflies in my tummy. But there is one line in this book that made my heart drop…and it is why I say that Tate is a strong woman. 

“Don’t ask about my past,” he says firmly. “And never expect a future.”

For any girl to hear that and still go forward takes a lot of strength and courage. I give her props for doing so; I definitely am not one of those girls. 

Now I am not sure who has read Ugly Love and who has not but if you haven’t this book is a must read! I think that this is the best book that Colleen Hoover has written by far. I mean this book is ugly that is for sure and it will break your heart into pieces but it will also leave you smiling with tears trailing down your cheeks, I promise!

“It’s all worth it. It’s the beautiful moments like these that make up for the ugly love.”




I am in love with this man right above! Lord help me if I ever see him up close and personal. I am sorry Christian Grey....Who?!



No comments:

Post a Comment