Monday, December 17, 2018

Review for The Perfect Nanny by Leila Slimani




When Myriam decides to return to work as a lawyer after having children, she and her husband look for the perfect nanny for their son and daughter. They never dreamed they would find Louise: a quiet, polite, devoted woman who sings to the children, cleans the family’s chic Paris apartment, stays late without complaint, and hosts enviable kiddie parties. But as the couple and the nanny become more dependent on one another, jealousy, resentment, and suspicions mount, shattering the idyllic tableau. Building tension with every page,  The Perfect Nanny is a compulsive, riveting, bravely observed exploration of power, class, race, domesticity, motherhood, and madness—and the American debut of an immensely talented writer. 


My 4 star review

The first page gave me the chills and all I could of was the movie hand that rocks the cradle.

This read was good.
This read made me mad.
This read creeped me out.
This read made me never want anyone to watch my children...EVER.

The parents of these two children made me so angry. I mean why even have kids if you have a nanny who watches them all the time. And you even have the nanny go on vacation with you.

I felt like these parents cared more about their career then their own children.

But overall this book creeped me the F out.

The ending was not what I expected and it is one of those endings where your mind has to do it's best to end it.

Happy reading

No comments:

Post a Comment