Monday, April 13, 2015

Review for Inhibitions by Kimberly Bracco



Inhibitions
Book 1
Kimberly Bracco
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: Readily Available
Goodreads book link

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24486965-inhibitions

Synopsis

In the last six months, Ashley’s life has been one disappointment after another. She walked in on her boyfriend with another woman, leaving her needing a new place to live and a mountain of debt. As if that wasn’t enough, her ex convinces her that his infidelity is her fault for being unadventurous in bed.

Deep down Ashley has always had the desire to be wild but has been held back by her own insecurities. She’s desperate to break free, but she's fearful of how people will judge her if they know her inner desires. She wants nothing more than to lose herself in sex that pushes her to the limit, but she hasn’t found anyone she trusts enough to take her there until she meets Tanner.

Tanner doesn’t trust anyone outside of his inner circle easily. The infamous, media proclaimed playboy, quarterback is tired of people using him for money, connections and to get their fifteen minutes of fame. Determined to protect his image and himself, he makes sure to keep most people at arm’s length until Ashley is thrown into his life. He’s inexplicably drawn to her, and she needs his help in more ways than one.  But to help her, he’ll need to let her in.

 There’s an immediate attraction and connection that neither can deny, but can both of them get past their inhibitions and find what they are looking for in each other or will everything backfire in their faces?

Excerpt

My bad luck first started six months ago, when I discovered my boyfriend, Jason, had been cheating on me. I suppose if you asked my mother though, she’d say my bad luck had started two and half years ago, when I started dating Jason. My parents never liked him.

"He just rubs me the wrong way, Ashley," my mother had always said. "He's not the guy for you." She’d claimed that it wasn't one thing in particular but that something about Jason as a whole just didn’t sit right with her. Either way, she was right. I guess mother's intuition really is accurate… But I’ve never told her the real reasons we broke up or how much debt he put me in before we did. Let’s just say I don’t want to see the look on her face if she found out the truth about Jason. She’d say that since she’d been right about my choice in him, maybe I should consider another career before it turned out she was right about that as well.

Jason and I had shared an apartment in Jersey City. That is until I’d found him having an afternoon romp in our sheets with someone who certainly wasn’t me one Thursday when he should have been working, and I kicked him out.

I’d come home early that day to grab a few outfit choices to bring with me to my best friend Quinn's. We were heading to the city that night so I could check out a hit club for the weekend edition of the paper. I’d known that something was off the minute I walked through the door. A pair of women's shoes lay on the living room floor. They were not mine. I didn’t own electric blue stilettoes.
Then I heard them.
*********
What the fuck was I thinking? I have no idea why I did that. I could totally lose my job for this sort of slip-up. Maybe I can claim temporary insanity. It’s obvious my sanity is missing today. I really hadn’t meant to take the interview in that direction. I really had just been curious about his love life. Tanner had been sitting there all altruistic, talking about doing everything as a team, not taking any of the spotlight for himself. It had really thrown me for a loop. He’d seemed the complete opposite of everything I had read about him last night.

The fact that he’s so hot it’s distracting hadn’t helped. God, pictures don’t do that man any justice. His hair had been a hot mess, in a good way—as though he cared enough to make sure that he wasn’t rocking bed head but not enough to put any effort into an actual style. It looked so silky. I wonder if it’s as soft as it seems. And good Lord, those eyes. They’re the most unique green I have ever seen, a dark grass green with the sparkling gold flecks in them. The man obviously isn’t afraid to dress brightly, considering the lime green shirt and tie he wore with his dark grey suit pants. And his clothes looked as though they were tailored just to fit his perfect body, which I’m sure looks truly magnificent naked.

 From the moment we’d shaken hands, everything had taken a weird turn. I’d kept catching him staring at me, almost in a daze. I don’t know what I should make of it. There was a bizarre electricity in the air that seemed to be passing all around us, clouding my judgment. Suddenly, my inner curiosity had taken control of my mouth and decided to try to prove that the man was all act. I mean, he had to have been acting. No way can someone run through that many woman, have that hotness level, and still be the nice guy he appeared to be.
*********
The hairs on the back on my neck stand up, and I feel Goosebumps rise on my skin, as though a chilly breeze has blown through. I look toward the door and see Tanner there. The unusual sensation only gets stronger as he gets closer. What the fuck is up with my body when he’s near? He looks downright delicious in black dress pants and a gray button-down shirt that clings to broadness of his lean, muscular shoulders. The splash of gold in his tie makes the flecks in his eyes shine. His square jaw and chiseled cheekbones make a deadly combination for my panties. Jesus, it should be illegal for someone to look that damn good. It’s as though someone carved him out of stone in tribute to an ancient Greek god. I’m jolted out of perusal of him by a little chuckle, and I look up to see a devilish smirk on his face that only makes his features more striking.
**********
Come on Ash. You can do better than that," Quinn says, obviously unimpressed with my dancing. When she pulls my arm, I wind up in front of her, and she starts grinding up against me. I do love that my bestie has no shame and couldn’t care less what anyone thinks. I wish some of that attitude would rub off on me.

I start shaking my ass and let the world fall away. Over the din, I hear someone speaking to Quinn but can’t make out the words. After a moment, I feel her pull away and a much larger person take her place. I see her sneak away, flashing me a thumps up as she grabs a guy to dance with a few feet away. I decide to go with it. It can’t hurt to let loose for one night. The songs all blend together, one after the other, and I’m actually relaxed and having a good time. Maybe Quinn’s been right and I just need to let loose a little more. My body sways with the mystery man’s in perfect time to the music. I feel the warmth of his hands radiating from my hips through my body, setting it ablaze. He has a soft but firm touch. Innocent but deliberate. The way my body has been mesmerized by the combination of his touch and the beat of the music is unreal but masterful. I feel at home, which is slightly unsettling, but I don’t want to put a stop to this moment.

"Maybe we should have had the interview in a club. You seem much more relaxed and in your element,” a husky voice I recognize whispers in my ear. I stop mid-movement and look toward Quinn with wide eyes only to see a shit-eating grin on her face. That bitch. She could have told me who it was. In that spilt second, my body’s reactions over the last half hour all make sense.
***********
"Hello, beautiful." I smile at her as she approaches.
The smile that lights up her face is bright enough to illuminate the whole floor. God, she’s absolutely stunning, and I know she has no clue just how stunning she is, which make her even more attractive.
"Hey there, handsome. What’re guys up to?" she asks. "I hope we aren’t cramping your style tonight. I know you didn’t plan on hanging out with us." Her insecurity is cute only because of how oblivious she is to the way every guy is looking at her.

"The minute I spotted you, I had no intention of being with anyone else for the rest of the night. I haven’t stopped thinking about you since we had dinner, but everything has been so hectic. That article of yours has done wonders for my image but not for my spare time.” I laugh. “So what were your plans for the evening, baby?" I notice her shiver each time I call her ‘baby.’ I don’t think she’s aware that she does it, so she clearly isn’t aware of how hard my cock gets when she shudders like that. I can’t remember having this problem before. No one has ever affected me this way. I’ve never called anyone ‘baby’ either, but with Ashley, it rolls off my tongue like second nature. I hadn’t been kidding when I’d said I haven’t been able to get her off my mind. I’ve been checking out her other articles over the last few weeks, and she’s been making nightly visits to my fantasies. It’s as though she inside my mind, taking control of me the instant I’m alone. I wonder what she’s doing, if she’s happy, how her day has been… Not to mention all the sexual positions I’ve pictured fucking her in.



 My 4.5 star review

I want to say that I loved this book. I really believe that this book could be a movie on the Lifetime channel and yes I would totally watch it too. I mean I was biting all my damn nails off while reading this book...There is an intense part but that is all I am willing to say.
Ashley has had her heart broken by every boyfriend that she has even had and naturally they always seem to blame her. Which that is a total tool for you...yes I used the word tool ;) Tanner is a pro football player that is so sick of woman wanting him only to use him for his incredible... you know and his money. He is a super sweet, loving, family guy who wants to be loved for him just like the next person.
So one day Tanner finally decided to do an interview for the paper and Ashley is the lucky journalist that gets to do the interview... BUT let me tell you that when you are reading this part of the book, I promise you that you will love it and not want to put it down.
OMG and then the ending will blow your mind!!! All I can say is Lifetime Channel, please pick up and read this book and make it a movie for me! Pretty Please....
Kimberly Bracco you had me hook line and sinker!! I also am really needing Tanner in my life right about now. Bravo with this amazing book and I can't wait for book two....All I can say is HOLY Mother-loving cliffhanger!!


Buy links

 Barnes & Noble: http://goo.gl/SB1Qfg


About author

Kimberly is a stay at mom of four crazy beautiful children. She lives in New Jersey with her husband of ten years and enjoys every minute of her never dull life. She loves a good book that is impossible to put down and you will mostly likely find her reading in her downtime, unless of course, there is a football game on.
Inhibitions is her debut novel. 

Author links

FACEBOOK PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/authorkimberlybracco
INSTAGRAM: @AuthorKimberlyBracco

No comments:

Post a Comment