Saturday, June 1, 2019

Review for The Second Coming by Carrie Aarons



About the Book:

They call him the second coming.
Of honor for British football.
Of God in an athlete’s body.
Of every English woman’s fantasy.

Jude Davies is my country’s prodigy on the pitch. More famous than the nobility in Buckingham Palace, he and his merry band of scoundrels rule the Rogue Football Academy and the London nightlife scene alike.

And now, he’s aiming his well-honed set of skills directly at me. His devilish charm is lethal, but with the tragic hand life has dealt me, distractions like him aren’t an option.

Plus, we’re only playing a game. One of convenience, where he needs me to save his reputation, and I need his money to save the one person I love.

Until he wraps me around that immoral finger.
Until I crave that reckless, wild high he provides.
Until I hope for a future that will never happen.

That’s the thing about going toe-to-toe with the next football legend. He’s faster, stronger, and will destroy me every time.


My 4 star review 


I have no idea why but while reading this book Lucy in the with Diamonds was playing over and over in my head.

Jude is a beast out of the field and apparently a beast in the bedroom as well. I didn't know if I was really going to like him or not. But let me tell you there is way more to this bad boy then you think.

Aria is a young woman who is basically working to pay her father's bills and keep him alive. I absolutely love her and she is feisty.

I really did like how Jude and Aria met! It was hilarious and I could totally invision the scene and my cheeks flamed red! This read is a super fast on.

These characters will get you going and you will not want to put this book down. I will say that I am super excited to read Kingston and Poppys story.

And yes...Hey Jude by the Beattle was playing in my head too! Enjoy bookies....


No comments:

Post a Comment