Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Review for The Party by Robyn Harding




In this stunning and provocative domestic drama about a sweet sixteen birthday party that goes horribly awry, a wealthy family in San Francisco finds their picture-perfect life unraveling, their darkest secrets revealed, and their friends turned to enemies.

One invitation. A lifetime of regrets.

Sweet sixteen. It’s an exciting coming-of-age, a milestone, and a rite of passage. Jeff and Kim Sanders plan on throwing a party for their daughter, Hannah—a sweet girl with good grades and nice friends. Rather than an extravagant, indulgent affair, they invite four girls over for pizza, cake, movies, and a sleepover. What could possibly go wrong?

But things do go wrong, horrifically so. After a tragic accident occurs, Jeff and Kim’s flawless life in a wealthy San Francisco suburb suddenly begins to come apart. In the ugly aftermath, friends become enemies, dark secrets are revealed in the Sanders’ marriage, and the truth about their perfect daughter is exposed.

If you loved Liane Moriarty’s and HBO's Big Little Lies, you’ll love The Party by Robyn Harding. This fast paced book exposes how even the most perfect of families can be shadowed by lies and betrayals. This is one page-turner you’re going to want to bring with you on vacation, to the beach, and add to your nightstand to be read.



Amazon Link:



My 3.5 Star Review


I grabbed this book at Wal-mart. The cover pulled me in. I mean the title is The Party and the cover has one single candle on it. That pulled me in so I had to by it.

I gave this read 3.5 stars. I wanted to be honest and fair. This book has a lot going on and a crap ton of secrets. The only character I liked was Ronnie.

Kim is the mother of Hannah and Hannah is the young lady how had the sweet sixteen party. (Hints the title)
I was not a fan of Kim at all. I think she got way to comfortable with her lifestyle and they have lots of money. I mean come on they bought the daughter a $5,000 tennis bracelet and she expects her daughter to be perfect and not mouth off.

Jeff is Hannah's father and Kim's husband. Jeff is a douche on my opinion and he needs to be smacked a million times. He has a couple of secrets in this book and you literally want to rem his butt for every single one of them.

Then there is Ronnie, Lauren, and Hannah. These three girls are like the mean girl club on steroids. I mean all three of them need to go to boot camp or scared straight. You fault these girls but then you can't become their parents are nuts.

I read this book non-stop because I had to know what secret they were keeping from the night of Hannah's party. I mean booze, boys, and drugs really did a number on all parties involved life's.

Then 3 million dollars later and the story is over and BOOM we know what happened....and book over.

I was waiting for more. I needed more. I needed to know why this crazy teenager would want to do that to someone and then never fess up to it.

Happy reading! P.S.... All I could think of was Taylor Swift's Look What You Made Me Do.






No comments:

Post a Comment