My Interview with Ceila Aaron
I just want to say thank you so much for wanting to do this interview with you. I am super excited and just so you know...I love your books!
I hope you all enjoy the interview!!!
1. How did you come up with the Acquisition Series? (I love me some Sinclair...can't wait for book three to come out)
I have a few basic tropes I return to again and again when I plot out longer works. My favorite of these is beauty and the beast. The Acquisition is simply a retelling of beauty and the beast (woman accepts hellish deal to save her father) but twisted all to hell. Before I started Counsellor, I was on a horror reading kick for a while. Lots of Dean Koontz and Stephen King. Then I transferred that over to romance with CJ Roberts, Pepper Winters, and Ker Dukey. I think the darkness sort of infused the way I went about the Acquisition Series.
2. What are you planning for your next project?
I have a series of four short and extra campy (and super fun) tales featuring none other than Cash Remington. He's a total badass. The first book, Cash Remington and the Missing Heiress, will be out in May, with the three additional books soon to follow. I'm calling them Sexy Dreadfuls, because they are plot-filled stories with super hot sex.
3. Who are your top five authors?
You had to go and ask the most difficult question ever, didn't you, you little minx? The list changes each time I'm asked, but here's who comes to mind at the moment:
1. Richard Matheson (simply because his book "I Am Legend" captivated my imagination when I was 12 or so and still has a hold on it)
2. Stephen King (no one can do what he can do on a consistent basis)
3. J.K. Rowling (just fan-fucking-tastic plotting abilities)
4. Kresley Cole (her Immortals After Dark series is life)
5. Austen and the Brontes (they should count as one; totally re-readable and strong trope game)
4. How does it feels to be an Amazon Best selling author?
Surprising. I'm still surprised. I write because I love to write. So, when a book gets up there in the rankings, I'm super pleased but also like Sally Field at the Oscars with the "you like me! you really like me!" speech.
5. If you had to describe your writing partner Sloane Howell in just one word, what would that word be?
(The word "cunt" flashes in my mind like a neon sign)
6. You and Sloane Howell have such amazing writing chemistry....would you even consider co-writing with him again?
7. How do are you feeling seconds before you hit that publish button?
Kind of vomit-y but also a buzz because I'm LIVING ON THE EDGE!
8. Are you going to attend any book signings this year and where will they be?
RARE in Edinburgh, Scotland. No other plans at the moment.
9. Tell me one thing that no one knows about you....
I once found a map to a pirate treasure--enough money to save my parents' house from being torn down--but my friends didn't believe me. I led them on a hunt for said treasure, but we ran into these mafia people who tried to kill us. After a great amount of rigamarole, and wherein I kissed my first girl, we eventually found the pirate treasure and saved the neighborhood. (the one thing that no one knows --- I'm a pathological liar, Cecily)
OK, OK, one thing no one knows. Umm, I really, really, really enjoy cleaning my ears out with Q-tips. I call it an eargasm.
10. You pick your own question and answer: Knock em dead!
Celia, why do you think Cecily chose you for this interview?
Good question. I believe Cecily chose me because she has absolutely fantastic taste in humans. Also, I think Cecily is very kind to invite authors onto her blog to yap on and on about themselves. It takes a special kind of person to highlight others for their work, and I feel Cecily is just this sort of very special, very kind person.
About the Author:
Celia Aaron is the self-publishing pseudonym of a published romance and erotica author. Dark to light, angsty to funny, real to fantasy--if it's hot and strikes her fancy, she writes it. Thanks for reading.
Sign up for my newsletter at aaronerotica.com to get information on new releases. (I would never spam you or sell your info, just send you book news and goodies sometimes). ;)
You can find me on: